Salutations, Greetings, Hello! (An introduction).

     I must admit, I have never even considered making a blog, let alone one about something like miniature photography! Now at 30 years of age, it appears to be happening! 

     A special shoutout goes to my friend and fellow miniature enthusiast, who goes by the username Afuze. 

     Obviously, my toy and miniature interests started at a young age. Some of my favorites were the figures like animal replicas and plushes. I honestly had never heard of toy photography until my early 20s, when I experimented with an old Nikon Coolpix. That Nikon actually is what started my interest in photography in general. My first "official" toy photo was taken indoors in a "Lil' Woodzeez" (a Target version of Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families), treehouse with a few figures from my childhood. They are depicted here building a sandcastle in a sandbox together. 

  Now the lighting in that house was terrible for one thing, haha... aaaand it was taken (I think), on my phone at the time. However, the idea was captured in a physical and digital sense, which got me hooked. 

   



     Another older example... Also, I think this was my first time attempting to use a technique I learned from others; I threw dirt as I took the photo to make it appear as though there was motion.

     

Feast your eyes on this masterpiece of a fail... Haha! The out of scale scenery and foreground perfectly compliment the poorly made harness and wagon for this Schleich horse. 


Here are a few more recent examples: 

It may be hard to see, but she's holding a tiny fairy! 

This Breyer horse photo placed 4th in an official  Breyer photo contest! 
Taken near a river on a trip a year ago.


Spring cleaning! :) 

Don't fence me in! 



Fun fact... I had one of these sandboxes in full scale as a young child! This brings back fond memories as well. Of course, I'm originally from Florida where there are real beaches with sand, but anyway... 

   For most of the recent photos, I used an elevated surface, usually with a faux grass or moss underneath the figures. I really would like to experiment more with indoor photography, but I have always enjoyed being outside. I also have more animal and animal-like creature figures, which adds to the list of reasons I prefer outdoor photography.

  For now, I'll publish this introduction prior to me leaving this draft unedited and unpublished for months... Haha...

I hope to post more, at least weekly, so stay tuned! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Cherished Treasure

Model Horse Questions: What Makes You Choose A New Model Into Your Collection?