Model Horse Questions: What Makes You Choose A New Model Into Your Collection?

A fellow collector of miniatures, long time blogger, and very good friend of mine, who goes under the username Afuze, came up with a series of 10 questions for me to answer regarding the model horse hobby. I listed 10 different questions upon the agreement she also answer mine in a series of various blog posts. 
Shown below are some photos of my first collection; I certainly have scaled down my herd since then!





This first one has changed in many ways over the years, as my interests and needs for my model horse collection have developed with me going on 18 years now! 
To be honest, there are a few models that have been on my wishlist for some time,but have yet to be bought either due to my own indecisive nature or financial status. 
The main thing I look for in a model now is if I can tack it up properly; a forelock or mane getting in the way is a no-no for me. Of course, there are exceptions... 
Along with tacking up, is there a way, tack or none, that I can use the model in a photo? Will the pose work in this and/or that situation and/or scene?
I also personally don't think about colors or patterns, but more on the mold itself. My collection varies in all different sizes of Breyers, but consists mostly of Classic/Freedom Series and Traditionals. There are even some shetlands and miniature horses in the mix for extra fun. :-)
How about yourself? Does your model horse or even toy/miniatures collection vary? If it does, how  so? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salutations, Greetings, Hello! (An introduction).

A Cherished Treasure