A Cherished Treasure

With the holidays fast approaching, I thought that this post could be more appropriate than ever. Many toy hobbyists also enjoy the more "serious" side of collecting; by that, I mean the less durable and meant for older collector *models*. I am no exception; Breyer horses have been a passion of mine since I was around middle school age, and have continued into my adult hobby life. 

Now, I don't like to play favorites, but there is one extremely special horse in my collection. This horse has a story behind it that (I think) could easily become a scene for a heartwarming holiday movie, haha. 

The model in question, the exclusive Breyer Pegasus on the fan-favorite "Silver" mold, was a gift from my brother right before he went into the hospital for a major operation. (He came out just fine, thank goodness!) I had longed for this model for quite some time, but of course, although less expensive than on today's market, it was way out of my price range. My brother had heard from our dad how the one thing I would want that Christmas was that horse. Well... On Christmas day, my brother asked my dad if  "it" had come in the mail, and I nearly cried when I opened the box. Not only had I gotten a sought after model, but my brother ordered it the day right before his surgery. To this day, I still treasure that model and have fond memories when I see it. 

I must admit, more recent photos have to be taken, but for now this will do. Haha. Here's Pegasus with another mythical equine, Xavier the unicorn.  


Sure, I received the model of  my dreams, which was exciting in itself. However, the story and thought behind this gift will remain with me for a lifetime. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salutations, Greetings, Hello! (An introduction).

Model Horse Questions: What Makes You Choose A New Model Into Your Collection?