Fails and Flops... (Don't give up!)

 Failure and mistakes are a part of life, learning is part of... blah, blah, blah....

Before I get to sound like a broken record, as we've probably all heard about this topic before, I want to say that it 's easier to say/write than it is to experience firsthand, as we all have done! I'm using one of my favorite hobbies, toy photography, as an example. (I obviously am far from a professional, but I'm only writing this and taking photos for fun)!

Often it takes multiple photos of the same subject, even still life, to get at least just one we like! I say *often*, but not *always*.... What I mean is, the end result (s) at times don't turn out how we want, no matter how many shots we take! But that's actually the beauty of it! In the words of a famous bunny officer: "We all have limitations, we all make mistakes, which means, hey, glass half full, we all have a lot in common." (Property of Disney, quoted from Zootopia). 

These photos of a clear thrift store find horse (based on the 1980s show, "She-Ra"),  were taken in one of our koi ponds near a pipe that shoots out water. I wanted the effect of the horse being in a large "wave", but the current was too strong and the horse ended up landing on the protective net over the pond....  I actually ended up not getting any shots to my liking, even when I tried to stabilize the horse, but that's okay! It was and still is frustrating, but one main thing I've learned, even while enjoying a fun hobby, is to not give up and maybe even try something new! Could this angle work better? Have I tried X, Y, and/or Z yet? The list can go on and on, of course. 




                                                           HELP! I'VE FALLEN AND I CAN'T GIDDY-UP!!!!





Now, don't get me wrong, along with not being a professional, one thing I *am* is a procrastinator and have yet to attempt any more of these photos with this concept, (let along write a second blog post!)  However, I look forward to posting the journey another time. 

Wish me luck! :) 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salutations, Greetings, Hello! (An introduction).

A Cherished Treasure

Model Horse Questions: What Makes You Choose A New Model Into Your Collection?